Friday, January 28, 2011

50 in 2011: Bella the Bichon-Poodle Mix is Portrait #4

Just in time to melt some hearts, if not the excessive amounts of snow we've all been enduring, here is my portrait of Bella, a Bichon-Poodle mix.


It's always fun to paint fluffy dogs, so I had a good time painting this 16 x 20 inch acrylic portrait.  Bella's mom intends to frame this picture, so I painted it on a traditional, 3/4 inch deep canvas.  Clients can always choose between the traditional, "frameable" depth canvas and the gallery-wrap I most frequently use, which can be hung as-is, no frame needed.

Here's one of the pictures of Bella I used for reference.  It's not the one I worked directly from, but I love the "over the shoulder" pose.



For color inspiration on this portrait, I even had a swatch of wallpaper where the portrait will hang!


My client was worried that giving me colors she wanted and wallpaper samples would limit me, but I welcomed the input.  After all, I'm working to make a keepsake my clients will love that also fits with their decor.

If you'd like to commission your own Rainbowdog portrait, please email me at janetburt@verizon.net.  You can learn more about sizes, prices and my process, on my website, rainbowdog.net

Rainbowdog Pet Portraits: Painting 50 Portraits in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment