Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Painting #8: Retirement Dreams

I just love the expression on the face of this grizzled Border Collie named Remi. This is a 20 x 24 inch portrait on my usual gallery-wrapped canvas - no framing necessary.
According to his owner Debbie Schwagerman,  my model Remi is "a 14-year-old man we rescued from a rural Oklahoma shelter just 3 1/2 weeks ago. We just adore this dog already and this picture just screams JOY." I couldn't agree more.
Although Remi might just be enjoying the spring breeze here, I imagined that he had a little more on mis mind.  That's why I included a fantasy world of biscuits and bunnies and a toy running through his brain. Whatever Remi was really thinking about, I believe we could all learn a thing or two from dogs and their Zen approach to life.

If you would like to commission your own Rainbowdog original,
just send me an email: janetburt@verizon.net
For more information, visit my website: rainbowdog.net
Interact with Rainbowdog on facebook: facebook.com/rainbowdogpetportraits 

Rainbowdog Pet Portraits: Life's more fun when it's colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment