Monday, April 4, 2011

Mug Shots: Canine Art Guild Show

If you're a fan of dog art (and, I'm thinking that's likely if you're reading this), you should definitely visit the newest online exhibition showing at the Canine Art Guild, entitled "Mug Shots." The variety of styles and artistic visions on display will inspire you -- either to commission a portrait of your own dog, or maybe to get a puppy.

My submissions included these three acrylic paintings:

Dodger;


 Rudy, a recent commission you may recognize, retitled for this exhibition as "Power Smile;"




 and Devon, titled "Waiting for my Buddy."


Works by other artists in this show I particularly love are:

Tyra, My Perfect Valentine by Jane Oriel;


Aussie Pup by Harry Boardman;


 Dog Peek,  by Heather Mitchell;


and Cautious Observation by Cristina Penescu (yes, there is some photography, too)!


These is just a small sampling of the 60 works on display. Let me know which ones are your favorites!

Need more information or want to commission your own Rainbowdog? 
Send me an email: janetburt@verizon.net
Visit my website: rainbowdog.net

     
Rainbowdog Pet Portraits. Life is colorful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment