Friday, October 19, 2012

Mutts Take Center Stage

Here is a new portrait of my darling rescue dog Sylvie, an Australian Shepherd/Sheltie-ish mix of some kind.  I can tell you that she is definitely a herder, but further genetic info I can't provide.

Obviously, I was experimenting with the colorful patterned background, and I'm thrilled with the result. I think it adds a lot of visual pop.  Originally, I had stripes painted behind the dog's head, but Sylvie's personality is really more about flowers, shyness, and general all-around sweetness.  Flowers seemed much more fitting.


I also whipped up a portrait of my other dog Stella, another pet with a mysterious genetic history.  We think perhaps Border Collie/Greyhound/???  She herds, she chases EVERYTHING, and she is lightning fast.


This portrait isn't done to my satisfaction right now.  Her nose is a little off, not to mention the fact that this photograph had to be taken indoors on a rainy day, so the resolution really isn't what it should be. Stay tuned for the fully-finished product later today (weather permitting!)

Would you like to brighten your home with a Rainbowdog? You know where to find me.

Rainbowdog. Life is colorful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment