Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Leonberger Love

Don't you just love the colors in this portrait?  I think the joyful hues perfectly capture the happy-go-lucky personality of my subject Rudy, our regular companion on morning walks in the park near my house.  


The finished portrait is 18 x 24 inches, but Rudy is so big I think the portrait is only slightly larger-than-life.  Rudy is a Leonberger (not a Newfie), and I can't say whether it's a trait of the breed or not, but he occasionally makes a sound -- a bark? a cough? -- that sounds like he is channelling the big, hairy Wookiee from Star Wars

Here's the photo I worked from (already cropped to suit my purposes).


There's still time for me to recreate your favorite dog or cat on canvas before the holidays.  Just shoot me an email and we can work out the details.

Rainbowdog. Because life's more fun when it's colorful!



No comments:

Post a Comment