Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Painting a Memory

One of my latest commissions is of this beauty named Zoe. Sadly, Zoe passed away recently, and her owner Diana wanted a portrait of her beloved companion -- half Chesapeake Bay Retriever, half chocolate Lab -- as a keepsake.   I frequently paint memorial portraits, and customers always tell me how much they enjoy having a custom artwork to commemorate a special relationship with a pet.
Here's what Diana wrote me when she saw the portrait: 

"Janet, I love it! The use of color around her eyes is truly amazing.  You captured her gaze perfectly and the pink in the background and the way you incorporated it into her coat totally suits her.  If I didn't know otherwise, I would think that you had met her...........I couldn't be happier with the portrait!   
 
I am so glad that I found your Rainbowdog website.  You are incrediblytalented and thanks to you I will be able to "see" Zoe everyday when I look at her portrait." 

Now that's the kind of endorsement that makes it all worthwhile!  Thank YOU Diana.

Diana purchased a 12 x 12 inch portrait of Zoe, which not only suited her available wall space, but also saved her quite a bit, since the 12 x 12 inch is still at the introductory price of $125.  Commission one before October 31 to receive the same introductory pricing!.

No comments:

Post a Comment