Wednesday, April 10, 2013

German Shepherd Painting by Janet Burt

Though German Shepherds are one of the most popular dog breeds in the United States ( ranked #2), I have painted only a handful . . . perhaps those owners are not the ones most fond of dog art? In any case, a German Shepherd is one of my latest commissions, and what a beautiful dog!
This portrait is 12 x 18 inches, a strong rectangle like the pug I painted recently. I left the style here relatively loose, because I love the cadmium red background shining through the fur -- it makes my subject's face just seem to glow.

Here is the photo I used for reference, and a shot of my very early progress on the painting.


If you would like to see me transform a photograph of your dog into a work of fine art, please email me.  

As always, thank you for supporting my art.





No comments:

Post a Comment